Friday, July 19, 2013

New Look 6051


First off, sorry for the poor quality of the pictures. It was a yucky afternoon..This top/dress is so quick to put together. I found this lovely silk at Hancocks. It is much prettier to look at than sew with:) I am happy with how it turned out, but I don't want to use silk again for a while.
 I really didn't read the instructions for this one. I saw it was a big rectangle with stitching lines sewn through both layers and went for it. I decided not to do the casing, because I knew I wanted to wear a belt I had. I made two button holes for belt to go through.
 I should have paid more attention to the length, as it is too short for me to wear out in public without leggings:)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, silk isn't the most fun to stitch with, but your result is really pretty! Too bad about the length (why do they always do that?) but I think it looks great with the leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy:) This is the second dress/tunic that I have stitched up recently that has ended up being to short to wear alone. I think I have learned my lesson and must check length next time!

    ReplyDelete